Vocational Courses are courses that are usually aimed at equipping students with practical skills for a specific profession or field. These courses are tailor-made to make students completely job ready. Hence, are often aimed at a specialized career and designed in a manner such as to help you upgrade your skills for that particular career. The aim of vocational education in India is to develop skilled manpower through diversified courses for meeting the needs of mainly the unorganized sector and for installation of self-employment skills in people through a large number of self-employment oriented courses.
Benefits of Vocational Courses
- Applicant can learn traditional knowledge and vocational skills combined.
- Applicant can focus on specialized knowledge.
- Learn the realistic insight of the industry.
- With the help of practical knowledge, they make students aware of ongoing trends in the global market.
- Programs are aimed at the needs of the industry and are shorter and less expensive.
- With basic knowledge of Mathematics and English most of the programs require high school completion.
- Because of the convenient and easy learning process the programs can be taken online.
Career Scope in Vocational Courses
Candidates with vocational education can find job opportunities can look for employment opportunities in government organization and many government organizations frequently call for applications from skilled technicians like stenographer, typist, computer operator, electrician, etc… Candidates can get information about the job notifications issued by government organizations through employment newspapers and web portals in such a way that they can apply for government job positions. Mostly, appointment of candidates with vocational education is done based on their performance in skill test.
Types of Jobs offered in Vocational Courses
- Contractor/Construction Manager
- Energy Management
- CNC Manufacturer
- Electronic Engineering
- Conservation/Environmental Sciences
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Construction Equipment Operator
- HVAC Technician
- Wind Energy Technician
- Home Inspector
- Diesel Technician/Mechanic
Top Entrance Exams for Vocational Courses
- AMUEE 2023-24
- BHU PET 2023-24
- CUCET 2023-24
- BUAT 2023-24
- IPU CET 2023-24