The National Dairy Analysis Institute, Karnal was basically initiated as Imperial School of Animal Husbandry and Dairying in 1923 at Bangalore. It was bolster and renamed as Imperial Dairy School in 1936 and was known as Communal Dairy Analysis Institute after autonomy in 1947. Subsequently, in 1955, NDRI main office was settled to Karnal. Facilities at Bangalore were maintained to function as a Regional Station to distribute the Southern States. In 1964, Eastern Regional Station of the School was settled at Kalyani in West Bengal. Both these local Stations continue to afford country clear-cut R&D support for dairy evolution in these fields.
|Institute Type||Deemed University|
|Name of the Institute||National Dairy Research Institute - NDRI|