Drawing inspiration from the sagacious leader of state Dr. Anugrah Narayan Sinha, the College was established in January 1956, at Patna highCollege as Gardanibagh Tutorial faculty, to be run within the evening shift. the target was to facilitate tutorial pursuits of staff operating in varied departments throughout day time. after, this faculty was renamed as Anugrah Narayan faculty (A.N. College)Patna. In 1959, the College was shifted to its new premises. the primary principle of the College was Dr. Gorakh Nath Sinha, an excellent economic expert and a recent of Dr. Hicks, a laureate in political economy. On the private initiatives of state Vibhuti Anugrah baboo, Patna Improvement Trust provided nineteen acres of land gift|to the current} present web site however presently a number of the lands were free back to farmers and eventually the College unweary with thirteen acres of land. The categories were shifted from Anisabad gift|to the current,} premises and thenceforth the College blossomed and metamorphosed into present kind. The erstwhile organization had eminent personalities like Sri Satyendra Narayan Sinha, Ex-C.M.of Bihar, Mrs. Kishori Sinha, Ex-M.P, Justice K.B.N.Singh, Justice Birendra Pratap Singh, Dr. Sheo Narayan Singh, and Sri Sunil Mukherjee. To this date, the College has twenty-four UG departments and twenty-three PG departments. the College has ne'er hesitated to require innovative measures. Keeping in sight, a technological march of the resurgent Republic of India, the College has introduced except for standard courses,a large range of technological and trade driven courses. On the initiative of U.G.C and Government of state, several new courses like physical science, Environmental Sciences were introduced throughout the Nineteen Eighties.
|Institute Type||Private College|
|Name of the Institute||Anugrah Narayan College - ANC|
|Affiliated||Magadh University - MU|