On the 1st of July, 1927 the foundation of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University (originally known as Agra University) was laid. The university was establsihed by hectic efforts of a band of enthusiastic educationists like Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop. With 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces riginal jurisdiction of University extended over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Law are four faculties in the University which were initially started.
During last eighty three years the University has established rich traditions and evolved respect from the intellectual community and has endeavoured to keep adopting these high idea. In northern India University has sincerely served the cause of higher education.
|Name of the Institute||Dr. B.R.Ambedkar University - BU|
|Location||Srikakulam-Andhra Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh|
|Established||25 June 2008|
|Affiliated||Govt. of Andhra Pradesh|