Rajendra Agricultural University was originally established on 1 April 1905. By Lord curzon foundation stone of the Agricultural Research Institute and college was laid and it became India's first ever Imperial Agriculture Research Institute. In their grave hour of crisis caused by the German Indigo scientist he was planting would soon blossom out, making Pusa the nucleus of agricultural activities, research and education. He fervently hoped that the institute would-be of immense service to them in separate meeting with the Bihar Planters Association. Lord Minto was his successor after Lord Curzon left by the end of 1905. Finally he gave his consent of course with a stint after incidentally one major issue on which he had not agreed was the architecture of the main building.
|Institute Type||State Government University|
|Name of the Institute||Rajendra Agricultural University - RAU|