OPJS University invites separate online applications for online entrance exams for admission to M.Phil programme and for admission to the Ph.D. programme (PET-2020) in various subjects as per the following schedule.
Online Link will be opened on 1 June 2020
Online Link will be closed on 20 Sep 2020
Last date for acceptance of applications: 20 Sep 2020
Date of Entrance Examination: 26 Sep 2020
Eligibility & Exemption-
Entrance Exam Cum Registration Fee-
Payment will be accepted through Online mode only.
(A) For Ph.D. Rs. 5000/-
(B) For M.Phil. Rs. 2000/-
Candidates under full-time mode are expected to do research work in the Campus and should be available during the working hours for curricular, co-curricular, and related activities.
Note: In case of candidates working outside the University area, a Co-guide duly recognized by the OPJS University may be permitted, if necessary, in addition to the University Guide / Supervisor on the recommendation of Doctoral Committee.
Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic
records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test, and/or interview.
who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for the interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
1. The candidate can fill separate online application forms of the Entrance Test (PET-2020) for admission to M.Phil. Programme and Ph.D. Programme from the link available on University website strictly as per the schedule
2. No offline forms will be accepted.
3. Every candidate is to ensure that he/she is eligible in all respect as per the eligibility conditions as mentioned above.
4. The candidate shall retain the printout of application form for future reference.
5. The online link for submitting PET application will be closed at midnight on 20th Sep 2020. No request will be entertained thereafter.
6. Results will be declared online after 4 days from the examination.
7. Candidates appearing for the final year/semester of the Master's Degree Programme, as the case may be, of the concerned subject shall be allowed to appear for the online PET 2020. However, the results of PET-2020 of such
candidates shall be valid only if they become otherwise eligible for admission to a Ph.D. or M.Phil. Programme as the case may be.
8. Fees once paid will not be refunded in any case.
9. Candidates are advised to refer the University website www.opjsuniversity.edu.in for all types of information. No personal communication will be sent to candidates.
10. PET will be an eligibility condition to apply for admission to a PhD and /or M.Phil. Programme. However, it shall not ensure such an admission for Ph.D./M.Phil. as the case may be.
11. Revaluation and Photocopy facility for PET is not allowed and requests for the same will not be accepted.
12. Every candidate will be required to remit the admission fee, the requisite term fee, the final thesis submission fee and laboratory/workshop fee as specified by the University.
13. A student shall be required to earn prescribed minimum credits in the course work before he/ she starts research work and carry out his/her research work under the guidance of supervisor appointed by the university to guide
14. The minimum period of registration/ admission for the Ph.D. candidate shall be 36 months and maximum will be 72 months. After 72 months, the candidate has to re-register himself/herself for maximum 2 years after
recommendation from Supervisor and approval from Vice-Chancellor of the University.
15. If a student/candidate withdraws from his Ph.D. programme his/her admission is terminated, his/her student/candidate status ceases. If such a candidate is readmitted within a period of five years he/she may be given
weightage to the credits acquired during the previous registration on the recommendation of the Research Advisory Committee except in the case of termination on disciplinary grounds.
16. The award of the Ph.D. to an eligible candidate shall be made in accordance with the regulations of the University and UGC Guidelines for Ph.D. 2016.
As per UGC Regulations 2016: Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree, after admission in Ph.D. a research scholar shall be required to undertake course work for the minimum period of one semester. All
candidates admitted to the Ph.D Programme shall be required to complete the course work prescribed by the Department during the initial one or two semesters. The women candidates may be allowed a relaxation of two
terms/semesters in case of maternity.
However, if the student is not in a position to complete the course work in the prescribed time limit as above, due to genuine reasons, may file an appeal and on the recommendation of the RAC, the VC (Vice-Chancellor) may
grant extension up to additional one semester. Failing to complete the course work in the extended period may lead to cancellation of admission.
Candidates already holding M.Phil Degree and admitted to the Ph.D. programme or those who have already completed the course work in M.Phil and have been permitted to proceed to the Ph.D. in integrated course, maybe
exempted by the Department from the Ph.D. course work. All other candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programme shall be required to complete the Ph.D. course work prescribed by the Department.
75% attendance for coursework classes in required.
Teaching work per credit is 12 hour/week. (This may include lectures, seminars, and tutorials).
NOTE:- Penalty of 5000/- will be applicable if the candidate fails to clear the stage in prescribed time-estimation.
1. Intake Admission
2. Ph.D Registration
3. Course Work
4. RDC or DRC (Research Degree Committee)
5. Semester Wise Progress Report - I-II
Note: Candidate must report his/her progress of research with some results to the Research Advisory Committee. The student will earn more credits if he/she publishes a research paper (Research Scholar as 1st Author) based on
is/her research work in any National/International Journal or presents the paper in any National/International Conference.
6. Semester Wise Progress Report - III-IV
7. Pre-thesis Submission
8. Final Viva
Ph.D/M.Phil Programs For Session 2020
Agriculture Technology / Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Management Studies, Computer Applications & Computer Science Engineering, Defence & Strategic Studies, Economics, Education, Electronics & Communications Engineering, English, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Food Technology, Hindi, History, Home Science, Tourism, LAW, Library & Information Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Physical Education, Physics, Physiotherapy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Punjabi, Sociology, Zoology, Optometry, Arabic, Bengali, and many more.
NOTE: Candidates can check all subjects list in the application form.
For More Details Call Us @ 9729124365, 9728524365, 9991915682 (Also on Whatsapp) Online Application Form
|Admission Open 2019|
|PH.D. DRAMATICS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN DRAMATICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. INDIAN THEATRE DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN INDIAN THEATRE||Apply Now|
|PH.D. DANCE DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN DANCE||Apply Now|
|PH.D. YOGA DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN YOGA||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (ZOOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ZOOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (LIFE SCIENCE) ZOOLOGY DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE SCIENCE (ZOOLOGY)||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (LIFE SCIENCE) BOTANY DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE SCIENCE (BOTANY)||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (THIN FILMS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN THIN FILMS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (PHYSICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN PHYSICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (NUCLEAR PHYSICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN NUCLEAR PHYSICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (MATERIAL SCIENCE) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN MATERIALS SCIENCE||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (KINEMATICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN KINEMATICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (BIOPHYSICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN BIOPHYSICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (APPLIED PHYSICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN APPLIED PHYSICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY SURGERY & RADIOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY SURGERY & RADIOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY PUBLIC HEALTH & EPIDEMIOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY PUBLIC HEALTH & EPIDEMIOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY PHYSIOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY PHYSIOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY)||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY PATHOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY PATHOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY PARASITOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY PARASITOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY MEDICINE) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY MEDICINE||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY GYNAECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY GYNAECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY EXTENSION EDUCATION) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY EXTENSION EDUCATION||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY BIOCHEMISTRY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY BIOCHEMISTRY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (VETERINARY ANATOMY & HISTOLOGY) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN VETERINARY ANATOMY & HISTOLOGY||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (ANIMAL SCIENCE) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ANIMAL SCIENCE||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (ANIMAL NUTRITION) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ANIMAL NUTRITION||Apply Now|
|PH.D. (ANIMAL HUSBANDRY EXTENSION EDUCATION) DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY EXTENSION EDUCATION||Apply Now|