The Deccan College, Master and Analysis Institute, Pune is the 3rd oldest Educational School in India. The Hindoo College was initiated on 6-10-1821 by the Bombay Presidency Authority at the action of its Governor, Mountstuart Elphinstone by accepting the Dakshina Fund, which was initiated by Khanderao Dabhade, a Maratha Sardar and advance by the Peshwas for multiply Sanskrit studies. This College grew from courage to courage and has appear as a foremost School in the world of higher information and analysis. It was titled as the Poona College on 7-07-1851 and later as the Deccan College in 10th of 1864. The Deccan College was change to the new campus cover an area of 115 acres near Yerawada on 23-03-1868. With the help of a beneficent grant of Rs. 1 lakh bequeath through Sir Jamsetji Jejeebhoy, the main house of the College was construct in beautiful Gothic building. The Deccan College has, as then, produced a Milky Way of candidates who rose to environment of greatness in different walks of life.
|Institute Type||Deemed University|
|Name of the Institute||Deccan College Postgraduate & Research Institute - DCPRI|
|Established||6 October 1821|
|Affiliated||Govt. of Maharashtra|